Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Accept yourself




Let me admit that at some point in our lives we avoided mirrors, felt ugly and unworthy of someone's attention. I was fat, awkward, unpopular and would spend countless nights hiding myself from the world. I remember all the names and discouragement that reigned upon me on a daily basis. The feelings and lingering memories that will forever be embedded in my soul. The breaking point when your own flesh and blood shows no sign of affection, concern or love for the person they put on this earth.

I didn't have many friends, in fact I use to ponder what it would be like to have a genuine friend who truly cared. I was tired of molding and masking myself for everyone who thought they knew what I was feeling, when no one did. When you can't rely on family, friends, and yourself, then what happens next?

I finally stopped avoiding mirrors and stopped bringing myself down. I weighed and stared at the challenge in front of me and accepted it for what it was and haven't stopped since. Growing up as an overweight, afraid and insecure boy has taught me so much more about life than I could ever imagine. Don't give up on the challenge before you, no matter how dark the situation and no matter how far the light is at the end of the tunnel. You will change for a better you, but in reality you won't change at all. Always be true to yourself.

Motivation is the key, and my motivation for life is through failure. Just knowing there is a chance of failure makes me work harder and harder day in and day out. I will not fail, and if I do, I will become stronger. I love myself for accepting who I am no matter what stands in my way. Forward is where I am heading, and theres no stopping me.





No comments:

Post a Comment